Monday, May 4, 2009

Psalm 1:1-3

...
Welcome!
...
Currently, I feel a desire to write and share some things about my life and what I am learning and studying. This blog will also be about my faith in Jesus and His work in my life, and the day to day aspects of knowing Him and learning to know Him better. To those I haven't met, welcome. To my family and friends, enjoy.
...
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither.
And whatever he does shall prosper.
...
...
As an introduction, this is pretty much where I am at in my life with God: delighting in the law of my LORD. I am fairly prosperous right now, and basking in the abundant life God has given me. I realized this last year, about this time, and God laid the choice before me: would I pursue my life, or would I pursue Him? I pursue Him, but my flesh is weak and easily distracted, like Romans 7. Yet, like Romans 8, I have peace: there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus. At the same time, I press on for the prize that awaits me, so thankful that Jesus noticed me in my distress and saved me. At this time, I am learning to bring my body, tongue, and mind into discipline and obedience - (1 Corinthians 9).
...

No comments:

Post a Comment